Friday, March 22, 2013
Even as the media and public fitfully reckoned with the Steubenville verdict, a similar case is playing out in Torrington, Connecticut. Like Steubenville case, a lot of bullying and ridicule of the victims has taken place on social media. Unlike the Steubenville case, the local paper, the Connecticut Register Citizen, chose to publish the bullying tweets from high school students, with their twitter handles and images unredacted. The editor of the newspaper, Matt DeRienzo talks to Bob about his decision to print that information.
Four Tet - 0181-01
- The Cancer Show: Part I
- What Makes a Great Disease Story?
- The War on Prevention
- The Scientologists and the Film Critics
- House of Cards Recap: What Would Jesus Do?
- Confession and Suppression
- A Brief Biography of Cancer
- Perception vs. Reality
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- Speaking in Tongues