Friday, July 29, 2011
Two high speed trains collided on a bridge in China recently, causing six carriages to fall off the tracks and onto a farm below. Immediately, passengers began using a Twitter-esque site to describe what happened. The Chinese government has gone to lengths to try to cover up the severity of the accident. Some even believe they tried to literally bury one of the carriages with dirt. Danwei.org founder Jeremy Goldkorn talks with Bob from Beijing. Goldkorn says, so far, social media has beaten back government propaganda.
- The Language of Terror
- Breaking News Consumer's Handbook: Terrorism Edition
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- The Breaking News Consumer's Handbook
- Feel This
- Why Paris, And Not Beirut?
- Lessons Unlearned
- Two Angry Men
- Dabiq Magazine
- Looking Backward On The Presidency Of Donald Trump