Friday, March 02, 2012
Berlin based artist Julian Oliver has crafted an object that looks just like the classic Russian F1 hand grenade you often see in war movies. But when you pull the pin on this grenade, it doesn’t explode in fire and bits of shrapnel, it records nearby audio and gathers information from local wireless signals and explodes that information onto the Internet. Bob talks to Oliver about the motivations behind his transparency grenade.
- Unseen & Inscrutable
- The Sad Puppy Takeover
- Baltimore's Feedback Loop
- Dr. Oz, Narratives of Migration, and Cosmic Colors
- $pread, For and By Sex Workers
- Every Edit You've Ever Made to a Facebook Post Is Visible
- 8 Minutes
- What Does a Body Good?
- Why Are 2 Million People Still Signed up For AOL's Dial-Up Internet?
- Robot Humor